FAQs - Returns & Exchanges
If you are not satisfied with any of the products you have bought from us, please notify us at email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your order.
Which items are not eligible for return or exchange?
- Jewellery will not be replaced or refunded.
- Due to hygiene reasons - Macaroon Collection will not accept the return of any gloves, scarves and socks.
- Macaroon Collection will not accept the return or cancellation of an order for ANY PRODUCT on the website that is MADE TO ORDER or is of a CUSTOMIZED / BESPOKE nature. Please ensure you carefully read the product descriptions to ascertain which products are made to order.
- Returns and refunds will not be permitted on PROMOTIONAL / SALE and/or CLEARANCE items.
What are the steps for a return or exchange?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will reply with a request for any further information we may need to facilitate the process.
- We will arrange to have the product returned to us via our preferred courier.
- We will either create the exchange order for the item/s you would like to exchange the returned items for
- We will create a credit voucher for use for on your next order with us.
Are there costs involved with a return or exchange?
Yes. AS per the ECT Act - consumers have a general right to return (a ‘cooling off period’), for seven days after delivery, for any reason, without penalty, but the consumer will be liable for the costs of courier in sending and returning the goods.
We reserve the right to recover the cost of the courier (original cost of sending as well as the cost of returning) against the credit note issued.
Do I get the exchange item when the courier collects the returned item?
The courier will collect the returned item. Upon being delivered back to the warehouse the item is inspected to ensure it is returned unused and undamaged, in the original packaging.
If and when the returned item is cleared for return, we will then dispatch the new item to you.
How long does the return process take?
5 to 10 working days depending on the individual circumstances of each case.
Can I get a cash refund?
Returned items and cancelled orders will be subject to store credit vouchers only and not cash refunds. This is in accordance to the Consumer Protection Act as well as the Electronic Transactions Act.
What happens if my item is defective?
As per the Consumer Protection Act, all products have a standard 6 months manufacturing warranty. Defective items may be returned to Macaroon Collection within this period for either repair, replacement or refund.
If the product is found NOT to be defective and is commercially acceptable, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having had such product returned to Macaroon Collection as well as the costs of redelivering the product back to you.
A product is NOT defective, and you will NOT be entitled to any replacement or refund under the general warranty above if:
(a) The faults/damage are a result of normal wear and tear;
(b) damage arising from incorrect usage of the product;
(c) damage as a result of accidents, including water spills;
(d) the item has a reasonable amount of manufacturing or production imperfections, but is acceptable in accordance with the generally accepted commercial practices.
Macaroon Collection's liability is limited to the replacement of defective products. Products damaged due to normal wear and tear or due to negligence will not be refunded or replaced.
The decision to repair, replace or refund the client remains at the discretion of Macaroon Collection and their respective suppliers.
Once we have received the returned defective product, we will either repair or replace the product within 30 days or refund you in full for the item within 14 days.